Friday, September 11, 2009

College Life!


Good day peoples,

So now I think I can say I have hit the “nitty-gritty” of things, and I can tell you this isn’t at all like HIGH SCHOOL!! Nobody is here to babysit you! I have come up with all kinds of schedules and a variety of ways to get things done. In college, getting to class on time, studying, eating, and social life have to be arranged to fit your own personal schedule. Everyday won't be a fabulous brunch with the girls/guys; you have to get it and go, and every night can't be a 3am hangout in front of Vintage Baynes =] Also, mama is not here to wake you up, and there is most definitely not a Saturday Morning Make-Up Day! Reaching the maximum number of absences equals being withdrawn from the class....DON’T let that be you! I set not 1, not 2, but 3 alarms to wake-up! I usually wake up on the 1st one, the last two are considered my “just-incases”!!

What some fail to tell you…?
COMMUNTIY SERVICE is REQUIRED, and STUDENT INVOLVEMENT is equally important!! Around this time is when you start becoming aware of different ways to earn community service hours. Here at NCCU, 15 hours per semester are required, giving you a total of 120 at graduation. There are many events such as our Book bag Drive, our Make a Difference Day, which I will be attending, and blogging which I also do!! Another option is the American Red Cross Blood Drive; you can save a life and earn hours all in one go!!
Now student involvement is not required, but name a reason why you wouldn’t want to be involved!!! There is SGA, which includes positions such as freshman president, Miss. Freshman, Mr. Freshman, and etc. There’s SBA (Student Activities Board), which I was accepted to, that partakes in all the campus events and activities. Also there is House Council, where you can run for positions and Mr. & Ms. of your residential hall. Lastly but not least, there are several modeling troupes and dance squads you can try out for. Here at NCCU, there's something to do for everyone...there's not an excuse not to be involved!

And before I let you go, college is what you make it. If you make it hard, then that’s exactly what it’ll be! If you make it simple……..
then that’s exactly what it’ll be!!


Until next time,
BRi


http://sites.google.com/site/nccumakeadifferenceday/Home

No comments:

Post a Comment